by Francis Bangayan
Pain is something we all experience at some point in our lives. Some people experience pain quite regularly while others experience it only once in a while. Whatever pain you are suffering from you will know that there are many different solutions to help you relieve it. Some of the most popular solutions to relieve pain are painkillers and in extreme cases (when you have chronic pain), you may need to undergo a surgery or a major medical procedure. The problem with these solutions is that they all have side effects and their downfalls.
While medical procedures are often expensiveÂ (if you are paying for them yourself)Â and painful, painkillers have various side effects on the human bodyÂ and with regular use theyÂ can becomeÂ addictive. No wonder many people are wary about using them as a solution to their pain problems and they look for alternatives.
One of these alternatives that are now gaining popularity is infrared heating pads. However, many people are not familiar with them and are not sure whether they actually work. If you are wondering whether you should try infrared heating pads for your pain, continue reading to learn all about them, how they work and what their advantages are.
What is infrared light?
Infrared light is a type of radiant energy invisible to the human eye. Although you cannot see it, you can feel it as heat. Infrared light is everywhere with two of the most obvious sources being the sun and fire.
This type of light is not harmful to humans and itâ€™s veryÂ different from ultraviolet rays which always pose dangers to your skin. Infrared can be actually really beneficial for you especially when it comes to body pains. When compared to the good old warm packs that you use on muscle pains and sore areas, it is definitely much more effective.
How Infrared Heating Pads Work
Infrared heating pads are especially popular for treating muscle stiffness, back pains, and for healthy blood flow,Â among many otherÂ uses.
InfraredÂ light is so effective againstÂ theÂ pain that is not only used in heating pads but in saunas too.
The reason behind this is that although itâ€™sÂ invisible it gets through your skin and reaches your joints, bones, blood vessels, muscles, nerves, and more really fast. It raises your body temperature which causes a myriad of health benefits as thisÂ stimulates different bodily functions.
While there are people who are apprehensive about infrared heating pads as these pads are rumoured to burn the skin or to dry the skin, it all boils down to what kind of infrared heating pad you use. There are many cheap pads available in the market today so you need to make informed choices and consider different factors before buying infrared heating pads that you will use.
The Infrared Heating Pads â€“ Advantages
Infrared heating pads come with many benefits and here are just some of the reasons why you should consider using them:
- Relief from body pains. This is the most popular reason why people use infrared heating pads. These heating pads are highly portable so you can bring them with you wherever you go for instant pain relief any time, anywhere.
Infrared heating pads work by expandingÂ your blood vessels and encouragingÂ healthy blood flow. This is the natural way ofÂ accelerating your bodyâ€™s processes to help it heal itself which makes it a healthier option than taking painkillers.
- Infrared heating pads work against many different kinds of pain. They work well for arthritis, joint pains, tendonitis, joint stiffness, shoulder pains, calf pains, knee pains, muscle spasms, haemorrhoids, fibromyalgia, bursitis, leg pains, hamstring tears, thigh pains, tennis elbow, menstrual cramps, carpal tunnel syndrome, and a lot more.
- Infrared light also has a myriad of beauty benefits. As it regulates healthy blood circulation, it detoxifiesÂ your body systems so it hits two birds with one stone. It makes you healthier and it also makes you look younger.
When you use infrared heating pads, your body releases the toxins inside your body which includes alcohol, nicotine, bad cholesterol, sulphuric acid, and more. Because of such benefits, many reputable spas use infrared heating pads in the beauty services that they offer especially because infrared light helpsÂ toÂ get rid of dead skin cells to reveal younger and much healthier skin.
- Safe and sound. Despite the need to stop the pain that you feel, your safety should never be compromised. Infrared heating pads ensure your safety because they only use mild heat. These pads willÂ also keep your internal organs healthy because you would not need to use high doses of strong painkillers
- Weight Loss. Some people have long-life battles against excess weight. Fortunately, weight loss is made easier with infrared heating pads. This is why it is used in most saunas. It enables you to lose calories without having to engage in rigorous physical activities. It helps to get rid of body fat as well as unsightly cellulite.
- Sleep better. Sleep is a luxury in this fast-paced world where stress has become a regular part of peopleâ€™s daily lives. Infrared heating pads relax your bodyâ€™s muscles and this helps to relieve stress and help you sleep better at night. This improved sleep quality will help you recharge your body fully so you will be ready for the next dayâ€™s tasks.
Infrared is an often ignored science but it shouldnâ€™t be since it comes with many benefits. Â Â
People usually go to the traditional saunasÂ where they get the benefits that come from being exposed to high heat. But infrared heating pads should also be considered and you donâ€™t need to go anywhere to use them. There is a version ofÂ infrared heat mat or biomatÂ that is actually a portable version of the traditional hot stone spa in Japan which is called Ganbanyuko. Â Ganbanyuko is a natural infrared hot stone therapy that has been used in Japan for centuries.
This infrared technology definitely works and its all within the grasp of everyone in the comfort of virtually any location since its portable.
Author Bio: Francis Bangayan is the creator of the Infrared Heating Biomat for Health. TheÂ infraredforhealth.comÂ provides information, methods and ways in using the technology of infrared heating mattress to improve your biochemistry, your body and your mind to reclaim your health.