Week 4 of this year's Fit for the Holidays challenge starts this Sunday. Please read Fit for the Holidays Challenge introduction if you haven't done so already. The challenge runs until December 24th and started October 8th. Each Friday, we’ll release the next week’s list of daily challenges. They’ll include a minimum of three days a week of exercises, along with challenges meant to instruct and grow your knowledge of nutritional and emotional health.
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 1
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 2
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 3
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 5
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 6
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 7
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 8
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 9
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 10
- Fit for the Holidays Challenge – Week 11
Sunday, October 29, 2017 – On Purpose
Week 4 is a classic week for burn-out. Are you tired of challenge? Read this article on how to define and act on your values and answer the question prompts. Clarifying purpose and values is often the best motivator.
Squats and Turkish Get-Up Practice. Repeat Week 2’s Monday, if you don’t know what to do. If you’re a refined squatter, go heavy and have fun!
In this video we cover:
- KB Goblet Squat (Cue Screwing Feet into floor)
- Double KB Front Squat
- 20 Sec Iso Hold Circuit:
- R Split Squat
- Side Plank
- L Split Squat
- PUPP (elbow bend)
Tuesday – Isolation is TaBOO
Happy Halloween! Be part of the community tonight! Walk the dogs with the wife. Take the kids trick or treating. Set up shop on the front lawn, or whatever is most inviting to people. Enjoy those around you. Oh and dress a little weird. Embrace weirdness.
Wednesday – The Elements
Workout Outside! If it’s cold, bundle up. If it’s rainy, put on a rain jacket. I don’t care what you do. Push sleds, run hills, or bring that kettlebell outside and practice getups from the earth. Just enjoy time out in the fresh air.
In this video we cover:
- Kettlebell Swing or Jump Lunge
- Crawl Variation x 10 Steps
- Carry Variation x Failure
Thursday – The Hunger Game
Intermittent fast. Figure out when the last time you ate was. Now count 16 hours from there. Can you make it until that time without eating? For example, if it was 7 pm, then you aren’t eating, or drinking calories, until 11 am? How was that? Did your perspective on hunger change at all?
Friday – Ta-what-a?
Tabata is a classic protocol perfect for spiking your metabolism and getting a lot done in a short time. It’s simple 8 rounds of 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off of any lift. After 4 minutes you are spent.
Today you have two Tabatas:
- Push-Ups (regress these by moving hands up higher to a bench of plyo box)
- Squats (either Front Squats or air squats)
Saturday- You’re Rich (spiritually at least)!
Today is the last day of your 3-Week spending purge of all but the bare-necessities. Reflect on this challenge. How hard was it? Are there any purchases you normally would have made that you’re glad you didn’t?